Wednesday 20 February 2008

On baking

Baking cakes seems to be easier down here in Campbell compared to mile-high Fort Collins. We are roughly 60m above sea level here (190'). That is pretty comparable to home. At least we won't be first to go when sea levels rise, unlike one of the Sun offices we drove past - it is TWO FEET (SIXTY CENTIMETRES) above sea level! Crikey, I won't be putting my finger in the dike they will have to build around that place! Especially considering this area is earthquake prone - San Andreas fault anyone?

Whoops, I was talking baking.

Well what do we have here?



A ugly pudding face? (Remind any Aussies of the Magic Pudding?)

Or maybe it is a yummy yummy gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate cake!

Mmmmmm, yum!

Maybe I should make another one. That means a LOT more bike riding must be done cos when I make a cake I tend to eat the whole thing in 3 days or less. OK, I don't put icing or frosting on it but that much cake... and can we just say that the amount of gums and cocoa have a *very* interesting effect? ;-)

No comments: