Friday 29 June 2007

woo hoo!

Happy dances!

Nathan got paid! His first pay at HP - a week's worth. Makes a difference to us, though it has to last two weeks plus we will need more to rent a place but it is a start! We even got cash out. Hooray!

Plus we have bikes on lay-away (we call it lay-by) cos we currently have a rental car and we got the car before the bikes and can't afford to pay for both at once.

Plus a cheque itself won't cost us $180 but the fee for the work permit application certainly will! We have a cheque account now but no cheques yet. We only applied on ?Tuesday? so I am surprised the money landed in the savings account and that we could do a withdrawal without a card but we could!

We are starting to get a bit more acclimated to Fort Collins now. I can mostly navigate around and rarely hit the wipers instead of the blinkers/indicators now (except when I am flustered cos the indicator didn't self-cancel after a corner and I accidentally hit it to indicate the other way then hit the wipers instead....LOL). I still sometimes look the wrong way down a road.

This weekend? The mountains! That is what you want to see and maybe I'll have pics downloaded :-)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Woo-hoo! Have a great time in the mountains!

2paw said...

OK, much better money news on THIS blog!!! Excellent pay news and have a lovely weekend!!! PS Let's face it, I can hit the wipers by accident in my mum's car, and we're talking the same side of the road, so you are doing very well!!