Wednesday 7 January 2009

An Act of Bastardy

Man I am getting really really REALLY annoyed with the "lady" who thinks our car park is hers.

So when we got our car, there was always a silver Audi parked in the spot I later found should be ours. So I parked in the next space along thinking I had muddled the numbers up.

No.

No I hadn't.

Someone moved in and wanted their spot. Fair enough too. So I got booted out of the spot that wasn't mine. But the witchqueen in the next spot won't give up "her" place. She knows it is not her spot but it is convenient for her to park there. We've stuck notes on her windscreen, I've complained to the office practically every day for the last two weeks. But it is convenient for her to steal someone else's spot. She got away with it for two months and now she wants to keep it.

It isn't hers.

Is this typical behaviour for someone who drives a silver Audi and/or comes from Illinois? Have they "made it" and can trample on anyone as they choose? Or is it a reflection of an egotist?

Of course since very space is allocated to a unit, I have to park in the free parking about 400m from our unit. You have to be early to get one of those spots. Normally not that big an issue but at present, walking 100m tires me out. Normally I would ride my bike but with an ear infection, I can't.

The other thing is we are *paying* for a carport space. We are being denied our right to our car park. I obviously have been in the USA for too long cos I am wondering whether we can threaten legal action against her and this place.

I wish they would just danged tow her car as the note threatens. I guess they are not allowed.

Grrr

1 comment:

dreamcatcher said...

The landlord should sort out parking issues DH's work has very limited parking and sometimes other businesses pinch allocated spots when they think no-one's about. The landlord is pretty good at putting people straight :-D This "lady" sounds like a lot of people over here though, they drive round the car parks looking for THE absolute closest space to the shops. Thy can walk perfectly well, they're just lazy.