Sunday 10 August 2008

Moving by bike

I thought I would share some pics from our recent move with you.

I moved lots of stuff by bike trailer.

Fleece and yarn
moving_fleece

Boxes (not rubbermaid, sterilite) of all sorts of crud (not that I have any pics of them being moved).

It was a bit easier with the Penske truck - at least I didn't have to do more than press my right foot on the correct pedal rather than pedalling*. Penske actually provided us with service. Goodness me!
moving_easier
(You can see my bookcase-wot-I-made on the right in the truck, and DH had already unloaded about half of it by this stage)

But I had to move a lot of bits over the last few days of our old lease. Like three loads a day.

On the last day for the last load, I brought back the vacuum cleaner and a lamp along with a heap of cleaning stuff and a carpet runner. I was totally over moving stuff then!
moving_lastload

There's lots of stuff that can be moved by bike trailer. And some stuff that can't, at least not on mine.

I am currently eyeballing one of these shopping trailers. They look very funky, especially when the front wheel and handle/pushbar are installed. I also wonder about xtracycles. They look very functional but could I fit one on our little patio?

(*anyone else notice how many people now "peddle" their bikes? Are they trying to sell them or what? Or possibly they mean propelling them with the use of pedals...)

No comments: