Monday 23 June 2008

One Year

A lot has happened in the last year.

But not really that much if I just say "We moved to the USA."

Doesn't seem like much at all, really.

But it is a big deal and we've had a lot to deal with in this last year.

Moving countries. Setting up a new home - not as easy as you might think! Trying to find/make new friends. Going carless (a biggie for me - I *love* driving!). Finding ways to fill days of not-much-to-do with cheap hobbies. Losing one job. Being homeless for a month (whilst still paying a mortgage) and travelling across Canada in winter. Getting another job. Moving from one state to another.

It is a year since we landed in the US. Do we ever stop missing

friends

family

house

garden

sleeping_cats
?

We've seen so much

us_rocky

me_lakeview_tall

IMG_0129

IMG_0929

IMG_2106

meadowview_hd

tunnel_classicview

And experienced the highs

us_rocky2

and lows (or at least sea levels)

IMG_3472

of life.

It has been an interesting year....

4 comments:

mrspao said...

I've enjoyed your travels and look forward to hearing more :)

Alison said...

Congratulations on your first year. I think an anniversary of moving to another country is definitely something to mark...I always do...11 years last March and I still miss stuff from home. I hope you get a chance to get more settled in SJ, find somewhere nice to live, and put down some little roots.

Anonymous said...

Happy One Year Anniversary and inspite of everything you have survived!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice pics and I love that I know where that lighthouse is... I spent a lot of time in tidepools there.

Hope your next year is a bit more stable.