Thursday 24 January 2008

Random pictures around SJ

Peoples are asking for pictures.

So pictures you get!


Driving down one of the highways on our way to Santa Cruz. Redwoods apparently make their own mist - it is easier to pump the water part way up a large tree and transpire it out and then absorb it further up than it is for capillary action to pull the water all the way to the top. Weird, huh?



Looking west from Skyline Road.



Looking over Mountain View/Sunnyvale/almost SJ from Skyline Road.


Spring comes early to these parts it seems, though not today - we had a cool change at about 2:30, just when I was walking to Trader Joe's, Michael's and Target. It was wet and horrid and the supposedly half mile walk felt like about 10. I was Bad Girl :-* and spent more $$ at Target cos I need some new clothes (I spent $$ on jumpers and bras at Kohl's yesterday). I now have a new pair of shoes, two new pairs of pants (one casual, one good for work not that I am allowed to work), a new dress and 3 new tops all for about $70! It helps that only two items were full price and the rest were 80% off... Now all I need is new undies and I am set for the next two or three months.

I have plenty of pics of SF to show off and of Pigeon Point Lighthouse and surrounds. All I need is enough time to blog them - we've been apartment hunting and running around after that stuff, and I think I've had about 8 hours home without DH for the week, which is not enough to blog properly (DH hogs the computer at night. Hooray for getting our stuff next week! I'll have my own computer again!)

1 comment:

mrspao said...

It looks gorgeous!