Sunday 2 December 2007

Things I didn't know about America #438

When dinner comes out on a plate in the USA, you only get one veg. That's one veg plus a potato or rice or some form of carb. I only found out this is standard yesterday.

Back 'Ome, dinner appears with two or three veg as standard, or a mix of all sorts of stuff. My dinners usually come with at least three veg, usually in great steaming mounds, or stir fries with all sorts. I don't believe in stinting on the vegies. Vegies are Good For You!

So my dear Thanksgiving hosts, if you thought I seemed to be waiting for something, I was waiting for the other veg to appear. I didn't realise American meals only have one veg. I am used to having vegies of every colour on my plate. I was too polite to ask. :-)

3 comments:

Aaron Spike said...

Please be informed that Cracker Barrel offers two vegetable sides with a meal.

Menu

Anonymous said...

sweet potatoes are vegetables...aren't they?

mrspao said...

Just one veg?! We had several when we dined in the US - must be an anomaly :)