Tuesday 4 December 2007

It's been real

Today the packers take away our stuff. We have a home tonight but nowhere to sleep. Our neighbours lent us an air mattress but we won't have bedding, etc.

Tomorrow we leave Colorado for Canada. There we hope to get new visas.

I think I'll long have the impression of unfinished business here. We came almost halfway around the world and expected to be here for two years. I had brought my homebody mind around to it to enjoy the challenge of being far away from Home. We've weathered a few crises, wanting to run Home during each of them. I didn't realise how tough it would be being so far from Home, from support networks, from friends. Then when you start making new friends suddenly you have to move.

Colorado is one of the prettiest places I've seen. The mountains are something special. Any Coloradoans who are not getting out there and seeing the mountains - why the heck are you here? Why not go live in Iowa?

But we must move on. We must go where the job is. I am sure that San Jose will prove very interesting, somewhat more traffic but we don't have a car. It has mountains nearby and the SEA! Oh the sea! Plus SF - DH assures me I will spend many happy hours exploring SF. Plus a multitude of yarn shops - more than I have access to here.

So we'll see you on yet another flip side!

1 comment:

mrspao said...

Good luck!!

You should try and see if you can meet up with Carrie K in San Francisco - she is really lovely!