Tuesday 23 October 2007

Quelle horreur!

You know how I went to Walmart and BOUGHT stuff the other day? You know I don't like to buy stuff from there because I don't approve of its business plan, putting the Ma and Pa businesses out of business?

Well anyway, not only did I buy stuff because they were the only place with what I wanted, I gave them an unintended present.

Yep, I LEFT MY DEBIT CARD BEHIND!

Quelle horreur!

And you know how I found out about it?

When I went to pay for a LION BRAND pattern!

Quelle embarrassment!

OMG how could I fall so low?

(It appears the card has not been used. I cancelled it at midnight last night when I realised, and I already have a new one that I have to activate tomorrow, and no suspicious activity has been recorded on my account.)

Just to top off my misery, I had a dream that Mum came to visit us here (only we were living in a dance hall, oddly enough). She was already sick but hadn't told anyone and we couldn't afford to get her illness treated. We got my father across to help out cos Mum was pretty crook. Again in that whacky dream way, she was lying in bed in her own bedroom, but it definitely was here in the USA (otherwise we could've afforded to get her treatment cos we have universal healthcare and she had private health cover anyway). We had friends around who wanted to play loud music but that upset her. It was a pretty miserable dream watching Mum die for the second time. (She died over 17 years ago, for those who are new to my blogs.)

So I had a pretty miserable night and morning! Bibbling, blubbering wreck is more like it. But it got better. The sun was shining and it got reasonably warm, so I was able to go riding all over town and look at stuff we need (eg a hair drier, a set of kitchen scales, other stuff that I randomly remember and then forget again....). The possibility of buying stuff is always happy making. Sad isn't it that retail therapy is so effective!

No comments: