Wednesday 1 April 2009

A little downtown

The other day I trawled around on the buses visiting a couple of op shops (thrift stores). (I much prefer op shops cos the focus is on lucky finds, hence op for opportunity, rather than being thrifty, which has some negative connotations these days.)

Anyway, after I got peeved with Savers cos they had three registers open and a LOT of customers with a trolley (shopping cart) full of stuff and two registers closed just like that, I decided to call DH up and go into town (San Jose) to have arvo tea with him. I had even remembered to take the phone with me! A miracle!

So I caught the 23 bus in to town. Here's a few pics from the little walk from the bus to DH's work.

wildriver
The Guadalupe River. Downtown. Looks wild!

merganser
A male merganser duck swimming frantically upstream. He actually blends in pretty well!

aroadtonowhere
On the road to nowhere - the bike path on the other side of the river (more a creek) just stops. Waaaah! as you fly off the end of the path. I presume there is a barrier on the other side of the bridge.

sisyrinchium
Blue-eyed grass, Sisyrinchium

sisyrynchium_bed
In a bed of presumed native plants (except some things are obviously weeds)

adobe_avenue
A green avenue. It was all nasty brown sticks two weeks ago.

coy_adobe
DH's workplace with its signage being coy and its buildings looking wonky due to the wide angle.

No pic of peppermint tea. mmmmm....

No comments: