Thursday 19 March 2009

South Bay Spring

Nearly a week ago, after getting my first ever flat on any of my bikes (and getting it fixed), I went for my oft-proposed ride up the Los Gatos Creek trail. I had been itching to ride up the creek for weeks and finally the planets were in the right places, etc etc and I could ride!

My goodness it was lovely!

I shall let you judge for yourselves. Click on any of the pics to go to the Flickr sizes page. :-)

1303_path

1303_redbudpath
(Redbuds - natives)

1303_creekclose
(the creek from a bridge - all green and growing!)

1303_egreta
(A rather small egret in said creek)

1303_egretb
(Another small egret further up the creek)

1303_common_fiddleneck
(common fiddleneck - native)

1303_hole
Something lives in this hole, a Californian Ground Squirrel I think but it dashed away before I could get a shot of it. It was being stalked by a presumably feral calico cat.

1303_statice
(Statice - weed)

canada_geese_wow
(Canadians walking on water)

1303_perc
(Percolation ponds looking northish)

1303_perclg
(Percolation ponds looking southish/Los Gatos-ish)

1303_cal_poppies
(Weedy but very very native - I love Californian poppies!)

1303_lgcreek

1303_lsucculentus
(Lupinus succulentus - native)

1303_lgcreek_wild

1303_planereflections

1303_sparklingbridge

1303_baccharis_male
(Male ?swamp? Baccharis - native)

1303_baccharis_female
(Female ?swamp? Baccharis - native)

1303_prettiestweeds
(Some of the prettiest weeds you'll ever see but boy are they pests. I doubt if there is one native species in that shot.)

1303_springing

1303_lgcreekvas
(Just below the Vasona Lake weir)

1303_lgcreek_whoosh
(lake outlet)

I am really enjoying this spring - it is quite exuberant :-)

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Sigh! So foggy here this morning you can't even see to the upper paddock. And it's going to be hot and muggy later today. What happened to autumn?