Monday 16 February 2009

Winter is here!

So why are the spring flowers starting?

magnolias_1402
14 Feb - magnolia, Santa Clara.

It has been raining HEAPs here, which is fantastic. We might even make our expected rainfall for the month. Doesn't mean we are out of drought but it is nice that it keeps raining (except when I am out in it). It got me nice and soggy yesterday at the farmers' market, then after keeping my runners dry for most of the day I didn't see a huge puddle in a carpark (I was watching the crazy cars) and soaked both feet and my pants halfway up my legs. Now I usually don't do half measures in anything but this time I am glad I did!

Anyway, it is lovely to get some rain - about 50mm since Saturday I think. It's hard to tell with my large yoghurt pot rain gauge.

I guess I should've figured there'd be some rain when I saw lovely threatening clouds like these
sunset_1102a

sunset_1102
It was a sunset though, not a sunrise. Not much of a warning for the poor old shepherd!

No comments: