Tuesday 30 September 2008

Sfunny

Y'know life is a funny thing.

I was looking at a friend's blog and she linked to another blog where the writer has written a book on Colorado's Scenic Byways.

And I thought, as I looked at the cover of that book, how much I regret that we didn't get to see even more of Colorado whilst we were there, and how I actually miss the place almost as much as I miss Home. California is nice, the weather is great, the people are fine, it's great to be near the coast and see the redwoods and whathaveyou, but Fort Collins and the Rockies really took me (and DH) by storm. Yes we didn't have to deal with winter and a very fickle spring but we miss the place. It is sorta saddening to think I will probably not go back - we wanted to go for Estes Park wool festival but the timing was all wrong. It was so very pretty and relaxed, not all stressy and hurried and so chock full of cars that you can't get away from the things....

So here's to you, Fort Collins and the Rockies!

me_lake_cirque_flowers

(and goodness me, there are MANY pictures that never made it onto the blog or Flickr1 About two months worth! Let alone the tales that go with them...)

No comments: