Tuesday 13 May 2008

More Maker Faire

Just cos the Maker Faire was over a week ago doesn't mean I am not going to post more pics!

People ask me what the Maker Faire was like and well imagine a whole heap of crafting and electronics and making geeks all getting together. There was all sorts of stuff - Tesla generators (gods they were noisy but now I have a better idea of the Tesla trees in Dan Simmon's book "Hyperion"), Wikipedia, softees, yarn/fibre, paintings, textiles, prints, steam punk...

Here are some more pics from the day:


A flowersaw for the powertools races.


Mobile cupcakes. I love the hats the people were wearing.


What the? This thing was scary - it was on treads and had forklift propane tanks.


A steampunk mobile home.

I have a heap of weird bikes to show off too, and more pics once I manage to get the other computer running - it is being naughty and I only have them on it.

No comments: